Lauren Ash Donoho
Director of Public Relations
Hotel del Coronado
January 7, 2013
HOTEL DEL CORONADO MARKS 125TH ANNIVERSARY
WITH SPECIAL PACKAGE OFFERINGS
Coronado, CA-- Hotel del Coronado – California’s premier Pacific resort – will celebrate its 125th anniversary this year with a series of community events, charitable promotions and the following guest packages:
125th Anniversary Package
• Two drink tickets for 125th Anniversary signature cocktails in B&S Bar
• New 125th Anniversary History Coffee-Table Book
Rates start at $299 per night at The Del and $600 per night at Beach Village
Taxes and $25 daily resort charge not included. No minimum stay required. One book/two drink tickets per stay.
125th Anniversary Ultimate Beach Village Package
• 2-nights accommodations in one of the exclusive Beach Village Cottage or Villa Suites with personal concierge service throughout stay
• Private behind-the-scenes history tour
• Private dinner in your cottage suite by one of The Del’s master chefs
• Chef de Cuisine Robert Hohmann presents dinner for two at 1500 OCEAN
• Veuve Cliquot Champagne breakfast in bed
• Three 50-minute Spa services for two
• Access to a vintage car throughout your stay
• Welcome basket filled with ENO delectables-- fruit, cheese, wine and The Del’s new 125th anniversary history book
• Valet parking and resort charge
Rates start at $12,500* at Beach Village
*Rate shown is based on two-night minimum stay. Does not include tax. May not be combined with other offers.
For Reservations please visit hoteldel.com or call 800-HOTELDEL.COM
The centerpiece of the 125th anniversary celebration is the release of a new coffee-table 208-page history book, Hotel del Coronado History, featuring over 440 images, most of which have never been published before, including behind-the-scenes snapshots of Marilyn Monroe during the 1958 filming of Some Like It Hot! There are also personal photos and reminiscences that go back to the resort’s earliest days, along with vintage memorabilia such as menus and brochures.
The Del will also honor its 125th anniversary with a year-long partnership with United Through Reading (UTR), a national military program which helps ease the stress of separation for military families by having deployed parents read and record books for their children to watch as DVDs. To help fund this effort, the hotel will donate $1.25 from the sale of each new history book and sponsor additional fund-raising events throughout 2013.