Glistening golden sand and sweeping seaside lawns. Blooming gardens and Victorian style architecture. Chandelier-lit ballrooms with panoramic views of the Pacific. The iconic Hotel del Coronado with its signature red roof turrets and wedding cake trim presents a bouquet of romantic settings to say “I do” — whether your dream wedding is a traditional black tie or barefoot in the sand. With sunshine and ocean breezes year round, the natural splendor of The Del is a beautiful backdrop for a couple’s vision to emerge. Some weddings make memories. Del weddings make history.
A DEL BEACH WEDDING
Few places in California fulfill the dream of exchanging vows on the beach and having a reception in the sand — with the ease The Del provides. And none offer the complete services, destination amenities and the historic, Victorian enchantment of The Del.
- For an intimate wedding on the sand or a grand affair, our beach accommodates up to 800 guests
- With guestrooms right on the sand, walk directly out to your ceremony or reception
- From champagne toasts to memorable meals, full food and alcohol service is available
- Customize a full fireworks display or delight your guests with a skydiving show over the beach
- Toes in the sand…or not! Our day and night beachfront receptions can be set up on a wood platform
- Coronado’s famous ‘Sandcastle Man’ can custom create your memory in the sand
- Live stage performances and Beach games set a fun atmosphere during your reception
- Roast s’mores over a fire for a tasty dessert, thinking outside the cake
- Our pet-friendly policy let’s you four legged-friend help out with your ceremony
- Banner planes during your reception can display a message to your guests
- Our Falconry program keeps seagulls and other birds away
- Beyond the wedding day celebration, destination wedding guests can experience unique activities together such as surfing lessons, rejuvenating spa treatments, sunset sails, and beach fires with s’mores and champagne under the stars
Our chefs use the finest ingredients to create masterpieces made to delight and dazzle your very senses. Find the cuisine perfect for your wedding or if you have something specific in mind, tell us. We’ll create something special just for you.
Click below to view The Del’s current wedding menu guide plus overall guidelines and a list of The Del’s recommended partners and planners.Wedding Menu Guide (PDF | 4MB) Opens interactive PDF in new window
From babymoons to honeymoons and other romantic getaways, you’ll discover the perfect way to celebrate your love and the wonder of inDELible experiences on one of the world’s most beloved beaches. Only at The Del.
Roast—S’mores on the Beach
Tuck into beach chairs with blankets, choose from an expansive menu and enjoy an evening under the stars.
Aquatic fun awaits in Glorietta Marina where you can take a sunset sail, rent a speedboat, jet ski, waterski, kayak, paddleboat or a take a fishing excursion.
Slip away into a blissful state with side by side massages followed by a champagne toast and private beach bonfire complete with s’mores.
Private Chef Meals
While staying in Beach Village, enjoy a customized breakfast, a family-style feast, a wine-tasting party or other culinary gathering prepared just for you.
Take a coastal cruise around Coronado Island on a surrey or tandem bike and cruise south along the Silver Strand.
Relax poolside in a luxury cabana complete with sofa lounge, TV, safe, refrigerator, an amenity basket, and assorted sliced fresh fruit delivered mid-day.
Our romantic resort has been uniting soulmates since 1888. It’s an unforgettable spot for proposals with a myriad of dreamy settings to pop the question. Our dedicated staff is happy to help when it comes time to getting creative in the planning. Here are two examples of perfect proposals at The Del:
SANDCASTLES, S’MORES & CHAMPAGNE
A young couple from Arizona took an evening stroll on Coronado Beach and ended up by the giant sandcastle in front of The Del. A fire pit awaited with two chairs, chilling Moet Chandon, and a copy of the book, Celebrating Over a Century of Romance at Hotel Del Coronado, wrapped in a blanket. When they asked The Del attendant what this set up was for, she answered, “It’s for you,” and the gentleman dropped to his knee and proposed. Friends and family with telephoto lens appeared from the bushes to celebrate with them once the ring was placed on her finger. – What’s your Del love story?
LOVE SONG ON ICE
A young man lured his girlfriend to The Del by saying he had “won” a radio contest, so they headed to the hotel one afternoon to claim their prize–a private skating session at the beachside rink. With their skates on and the rink emptied, they took to the ice as their favorite song cued up on the speakers. As the couple glissaded along, a plane flew overhead, trailing a banner that read, “Will You Marry Me?” Happily, she said yes.
For help planning your perfect proposal, call 619.522.8100.