Glistening golden sand and sweeping seaside lawns. Blooming gardens and Victorian style architecture. Chandelier-lit ballrooms with panoramic views of the Pacific. The iconic Hotel del Coronado with its signature red roof turrets and wedding cake trim presents a bouquet of romantic settings to say “I do” — whether your dream wedding is a traditional black tie or barefoot in the sand. With sunshine and ocean breezes year round, the natural splendor of The Del is a beautiful backdrop for a couple’s vision to emerge. Some weddings make memories. Del weddings make history.
A DEL BEACH WEDDING
Few places in California fulfill the dream of exchanging vows on the beach and having a reception in the sand — with the ease The Del provides. And none offer the complete services, destination amenities and the historic, Victorian enchantment of The Del.
- For an intimate wedding on the sand or a grand affair, our beach accommodates up to 800 guests
- With guestrooms right on the sand, walk directly out to your ceremony or reception
- From champagne toasts to memorable meals, full food and alcohol service is available
- Customize a full fireworks display or delight your guests with a skydiving show over the beach
- Toes in the sand…or not! Our day and night beachfront receptions can be set up on a wood platform
- Coronado’s famous ‘Sandcastle Man’ can custom create your memory in the sand
- Live stage performances and Beach games set a fun atmosphere during your reception
- Roast s’mores over a fire for a tasty dessert, thinking outside the cake
- Our pet-friendly policy let’s you four legged-friend help out with your ceremony
- Banner planes during your reception can display a message to your guests
- Our Falconry program keeps seagulls and other birds away
- Beyond the wedding day celebration, destination wedding guests can experience unique activities together such as surfing lessons, rejuvenating spa treatments, sunset sails, and beach fires with s’mores and champagne under the stars
Our chefs use the finest ingredients to create masterpieces made to delight and dazzle your very senses. Find the cuisine perfect for your wedding or if you have something specific in mind, tell us. We’ll create something special just for you.
Click below to view The Del’s current wedding menu guide plus overall guidelines and a list of The Del’s recommended partners and planners.Wedding Menu Guide (PDF | 4MB) Opens 4 megabyte PDF in new window
From babymoons to honeymoons and other romantic getaways, you’ll discover the perfect way to celebrate your love and the wonder of inDELible experiences on one of the world’s most beloved beaches. Only at The Del.
Roast—S’mores on the Beach
Tuck into beach chairs with blankets, choose from an expansive menu and enjoy an evening under the stars.
Aquatic fun awaits in Glorietta Marina where you can take a sunset sail, rent a speedboat, jet ski, waterski, kayak, paddleboat or a take a fishing excursion.
Slip away into a blissful state with side by side massages followed by a champagne toast and private beach bonfire complete with s’mores.
Private Chef Meals
While staying in Beach Village, enjoy a customized breakfast, a family-style feast, a wine-tasting party or other culinary gathering prepared just for you.
Take a coastal cruise around Coronado Island on a surrey or tandem bike and cruise south along the Silver Strand.
Relax poolside in a luxury cabana complete with sofa lounge, TV, safe, refrigerator, an amenity basket, and assorted sliced fresh fruit delivered mid-day.
Spend a romantic evening up in the exclusive and iconic main turret sipping champagne and pointing out the constellations.